Tips For All Programs
Complete exercises in straight sets. Rest for the designated period between sets. If unsure of an exercise technique, seek guidance from a fitness professional to guide you.
- Always warm up for at least a few minutes with dynamic stretches and some light cardio
- Always have a neutral spine (straight back) with tail out when bending, squatting, lunging, on a Swiss Ball etc
- Ensure knees don’t travel beyond the toes or collapse inward when squatting/lunging
- Practice tightening (drawing in) your core during every movement for stability and back support
- Exhale during the heaviest part of the movement (moving against gravity) and inhale on the return phase (moving in the direction of gravity)
- Select weights that are heavy enough to make finishing your sets challenging but still maintain control and good form
- Stay hydrated by sipping water frequently and always finish with 5 minutes of stretching and 10 minutes of light cardio to aid recovery and reduce post-exercise muscle soreness
- When you can complete all repetitions and sets comfortably, then slowly increase weights (for strength) or reps/sets (for fitness) to avoid training plateaus and to match your ability
DB – Dumbbell BB – Barbell ES – Each Side SB – Swiss Ball KB – Kettlebell EZ – EZ Bar
Important: It is highly recommend that you seek expert medical advice before commencing any exercise routine. This training program should be considered as a guide only and should be adapted to meet your own individual requirements and current level of fitness.