The Trending Weight-Loss Supplement
Garcinia cambogia is a small, pumpkin-shaped fruit. Its more common name is tamarind. This weight loss supplement is an excellent source of hydroxycitric acids (structurally related to citric acid) and one of the isomers, known as Hydroxycitric acid, is thought to help in weight loss.
Why Do You Want It?
The hydroxycitric acid (HCA) extract from garcinia cambogia blocks fat by inhibiting citrate lyase, a key enzyme that your body needs to make fat from carbohydrates. Usually carbohydrates or sugars that are not used immediately or stored in other forms are converted into fats. When HCA inhibits citrate lyase, the fat-making process is halted. Its benefits are many and include the following:
- Has shown to stop fat from being made and move towards glycogen (energy) to burn more fat.
- HCA (Hydroxycitric Acid) Extract is known as an appetite suppressant.
- Helps increase serotonin levels for better sleep and to enhance your mood (cut down emotional eating)
- HCA helps manage stress hormones (cortisol), in return helps lose that fat!
- Improved mood, energy, and endurance
- Reduces sugar cravings
How Much Should I Take?
- Most suggested dosages for Garcinia are based on an extract that contains between 50 to 60% HCA.
- A typical Garcinia doses is 500 to 1,000 mg taken three times a day with plenty of water just before meals. The recommended daily allowance is around 2,500 to 3,000 mg
- In case a dose is skipped, one may compensate for it by doubling the next dose so long as the aggregate consumption per day does not exceed the recommended 3000 mg for weight less.
What Else Should I Know?
- According to scientists, the quantity of Garcinia deemed dangerous for human consumption exceeds 5000mg. As such this supplement has a very wide margin of safety. It is however important to follow the recommended garcinia cambogia dosage to maximize on the benefits.
- Finally, don’t be fooled by a lot of the hype marketing on the web. It is not a miracle drug and more is not better. So don’t think you can down a mud cake sandwich straight after a dose and get away with it. Evidence through scientific research is still not clear and remains in debate but many people have experienced the benefits. It will help when used properly, but remember nothing beats regular exercise and good nutrition
- Sometimes you have a supplement that works fine individually, but when combined with other supplements, its effects can be amplified! The easiest example for that is HCA. HCA itself is good. BUT, if you combine Acetyle L Carnitine, it's shown to aid fat loss even further!